Tragically, there are events in life that cause death, serious injury, and psychological pain. These events include but are not limited to: death by murder or suicide, terrorism, mass shootings, plane and vehicle crashes, fires, and natural disasters. Many people who survive suffer tremendous physical and psychological pain after these events. Critical debriefing subsequent to the event can help individuals:
- Talk about what they have experienced
- Express feelings related to the event
- Normalize their reaction to the tragedy
- Recognize those behaviors that might signal that the individual is not healing from the tragedy
- Anticipate some things they might expect of themselves in the immediate aftermath of the event
- Consider activities that lower stress
Crisis Connections offers Debriefing for your organization after an event.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a debriefing session please fill out the contact form below.